July 16, 2007

Reminiscing

I was going through some old photographs and came upon a photo of the house I grew up in, covered in snow. It brought back so many memories of playing in the snow, riding our sleds with all the neighbourhood kids in the woods and that one year everything turned into one giant skate rink. We used our skates to get to school and we could even ice skate on what we called the 'race track' (for our bikes) in the woods opposite our house.

I had looked through the photos for a challenge on Scrapgal and decided to also use this challenge for a tribute page for Rachael who served four months as a guest designer on the Design Team at Scrapgal. I tried to copy her style as I saw it: long linear lines and a one ( or highligthed) word title.


I used some of the left-overs from my Lime Tart July kit and just added some gesso to stipple the background cardstock, HS plastic letters and a swirl rub-on.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout, makes me think of a fairy wonderland.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jennie (Jenn) said...

love the layout and that picture...
so beautiful...

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Ali said...

My goodness girl, you've been busy! Loving that tin for T and Annabel looks so genius in her glasses.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Philippa said...

Gorgeous photo! How cool would that be :)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

This is awesome, Marieke!! That pic is lovely!

Thank you so much for lifting me, I'm honored!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home