July 14, 2007

It's sharing time!

It may be school holidays but that doesn't mean I've been sitting on my hands for the past 2 weeks. Let me direct your attention to the Lime Tart gallery here.
Lucky girls Melissa Phillips and guest designer Celeste Vermeend got to play with the Amy Butler papers in the Half Tart. So pretty! Mel Nunn and I sunk our teeth into the Full Tart full of browns, greens and blues. I'm actually still going with this kit. Have an almost finished layout on my desk using more of it which I'll share in a day or two.

(grrr, blogger won't let me upload any images at the moment so no peek to share of my work with the July kit)

Memory Makers Masters deadline is getting close. I know plenty of people that have entered this year and I wish them the best of luck! Despite my best intentions I didn't pull it off this year either. Life and my poor time planning skills got in the way. I'm hopeless at planning my time. Always think I can achieve more in a day or evening than I actually do. Wish I wasn't such a hopelessly slow scrapper. I really admire those people that participate in 'layout a day' challenges and come up with something presentable in just one night. I just can't do it. I have to look at it for a length of time, shuffling things around, replacing items, going backwards and forward to the computer, get a drink, etc. Procrastinator extraordinaire! That would be me.

T's 7th birthday in 3 weeks... he wants a Harry Potter party again like last year. Couldn't come
more timely with the new movie just out and the last book due out next week. Am considering letting him take 5 or 6 friends to see the HP movie. How's that for an easy way out? I think he's getting a bit old for a party at home. Don't particularly want a troop of his friends tearing through the house. Last year after the party I was utterly exhausted! Had heaps of games but if it wasn't their turn they got bored easily and half of them rather played with the new birthday toys. I'm thinking 5 or 6 max. at home for cake and pressies. Then off to the movies and I'll take them home after that. I remember how much fun it was being driven home by the birthday girls parents after a party. We'd always argue who'd be dropped off first.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

That is good timing! Hope the party goes well - I am looking forward to book 7.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home