June 18, 2007

Gourmet gallery

Wah, would you believe I just put this whole post on the wrong blog? Oops. Tried to copy it from No 8 Wired that i'd accidentally posted it to but missed a few bits. You're now getting the shorter version.


I have permission to post the creations that I made with 'my' Gourmet kit from Lime Tart here on my blog. Wonderful warm colours, lovely rich textures.
To start of I made this little tin with 12 mini tins inside it. One for each of the regular baby teeth that Thomas is to lose. We're at two now, with another one shortly to follow I'm sure.


Love that pic of my boy with all his teeth still intact. Haven't been able to snap a decent picture of him with the gap down below. He keeps grimacing really weird. *sigh. So much for documenting that for prosperity.

Then there's this idea file to jot ideas down in. Can you believe that after almost 3 years of scrapping I've never had one? Sorry about the wrinkled bed sheet underneath it. The light was fading fast and I didn't have time to iron it out.



Then there's a couple of layouts. That little boy is my nephew Jack. He's dynamite. Never sits still. The idea was to get some pics with his cousins. yeah right, didn't happen. None usuable anyway. The other one is just a restored picture of little old me. I really like this layout. I speaks to me. Maybe more for sentimental reasons than anything else. I dunno. It does have lot of my favourite things on it. Buzz and Bloom chipboard (my recent 'discovery'), paint, AC thickers, HS damask sticker. Hmm, all I miss is the stitching and a little bit of glitter.


Made a couple of cards too, but blogger won't let me upload more. They'll be in the gallery soon.

Am getting back in to using fabric too a little. It's made its way on to two of my recent layouts after writing an article about it for the June Scrapgal newsletter.

June gallery at Lime Tart is up. Every month I'm blown away by the diversity and talent on this team. Susanne Tonga was our guest designer and I love what she did with the Full Tart this month. She made the most gorgeous purse album.

Alright, better off to bed now. My little ones are early risers.



6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome tin for the tooth fairy treasures. I really like that. Your layout of you is cute too.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Yvette said...

Gorgeous work Marieke! I LOVE the tooth tin!!! What an awesome idea, and where did you find the tins? I would love to do this.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea for keeping the teeth! My son has his first wiggly tooth (he's just turned 5!) and my friend Debbie told me to check out your blog. I would love to make a tin like this. Where did you get the little round tins from?

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger nic said...

OMgosh! I love this tooth thing! that is fantastic. just love it. Sadly I have 2 boys loosing teeth and I'm loosing track and I think it is too late :o(

nic

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

You are so talented, Marieke!! Awesome stuff!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great Marieke!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home