May 06, 2007

Still waiting

Thank you for those of you who've asked if T's tooth has come out yet. The answer is no. I have to check it about twice a day for him. Maybe he's hoping that me checking it's "wiggliness" will make it come out faster, LOL! The other bottom one had showed signs of being wiggly too but had firmed up in the gums again. But he started sucking his thumb, again. So I knew something was up. Tonight at bed time and the required tooth check I decided to check out the others too. And what do you know, we have FOUR wiggly teeth! And two big chompers have broken through the gums behind the milk teeth at the bottom. He quickly made the comparison to a shark who apparently has 100 rows of teeth. LOL. My little man is over the moon and can't wait to tell his friends at school tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about the gaping hole that will appear if all four come out at the same time though.

Another thing I'm waiting for is this:
It's only another 8 weeks away. You can order it on Amazon (just search for Nic Howard) and I'm sure it will be available locally as well. I've got 3 layouts in there. Was so honored to be asked to contribute. The layouts are over a year old by now and I have to say that a lot has changed since then. I wasn't in a very good place when I created them. It was the beginning of the end of my 13 year relationship. Inspiration/creativity had taken an extended holiday. If I could do them again I'd do them completely differently. And I don't say that very often of my own layouts. But.... those three are just a small part of what is an awesome book. To quote the description on Amazon:
"With its fresh, humorous approach to the seemingly mundane, That's Life offers scrapbookers insightful ways to depict their everyday lives through their art. Divided into chapters dedicated to each day of the week, this day-planner-inspired format offers up endearing anecdotes, unique prompts, and charming ideas as well as example pages that will inspire the reader to create scrapbooks that are more authentic, organic and genuine than ever before."

You know you just have to have it! Can't imagine what Nic must be going through herself. Such a mammoth project, her brain child, just weeks away from being released. I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep at night.

Spend a glorious 12, or rather just about 14 hours scrapping yesterday. National Scrapbooking Day in the States. Didn't achieve much, came away with one finished card and one almost finished layout that needed some machine sewing. Also tried using crackle medium again, unsuccesfully. Must find another way to finish that layout that I brough along half finished and took home in the same state again. Spent the day in great company. Had lots of laughs and far too much good food. Days like that are good for the soul.

Oh I forgot. I've been tagged by my Lime Tart buddy Mel. I'll hopefully get around to that tomorrow or otherwise Tuesday. Sorry Mel!

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

i have to get used to my big boy having front teeth again after all this time!! Hope he doesn't swallow them like my boy did - luckily the tooth fairy still arrived.

I can't wait for Nic's book either - I have had it on order from Amazon since February!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said...

You make beautiful work! TFS!!

Bety :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home