October 08, 2006

Time zone debacle

Just a quick upload of a layout I did for Scrapgal. It was my turn again for the 'Free For All Friday' challenge and I decided to set a challenge of creating a 2-page layout considering not many people seem to do these any more. Myself included. It was pretty hard and it took me a few days to complete.
A little bit of background why the 2-page layout all of a sudden. For the first time in ages I decided to submit a few pages to CK. I got an email on Tuesday asking if I'd been published by them before. I answered back saying no, with building excitement obviously. I was then asked to submit some of my favourite pages, including a 2-page layout to increase my chances of getting into the issue. Uhm, small problem as I haven't done a 2-page layout in oh like 2 years. So I emailed back asking if I could have a day or so to create a 2-pager for this opportunity. But... time zones were against me and overnight I received an email saying there was no time and I needed to send my pages immediately as they were 'going up the wall today'. I didn't see that email until 10 am Thursday morning and by then I figured it was too late as it was 4pm in the States. Quickly sent off some pages but haven't heard anything so I guess I missed the boat... Bugger! But lesson learned and kicking myself for not sending my favourite one pagers in with the request for more time to create a double. So if you want to be published in CK you'd better have some 2-page layouts to show as that seems to be the direction they are going.
Anyway I'd already started my 2-pager and it took me forever. I just couldn't decide and kept ending up with the dreaded trapped white space. Still it felt good to create something for me again, no pressure and hopefully I've got the spark back because of it. Now if only everything else would just fall into place...

edited: layout removed for publication

8 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger dallas said...

Creating Keepsakes! How cool! I hope you didn't miss the boat, your work is gorgeous (and I couldn't tell you the last time I did a double layout!!) Love the layout too.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Hi Marieke. I so know about the time zone debacle, my husband is overseas atm, and trying to connect with him is really doing my head in!

I love this page of Thomas, he is so photogenic, and the page just flows as if it were one!

All the best for CK.

Angela

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Love the white background - this looks awesome!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

graaaaaaaat time zones. I love this doube layout it realy is awesome. I agree Thomas is very photogenic and the page looks fantastic I want to take it all in and read the story behin the page. here's hopeing you get published in there.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow! This looks great. Love the clean lines. and the sillhouetted photo looks great.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger b said...

what an awesome layout. thanks for sharing your talent! :)

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your l/o Marieke.
Very clever.
It's funny that you haven't done double l/o for ages.Most of my l/o's are doubles.Maybe I take to many photo's.I like balance.Single's don't balance in my album.Silly I know.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Loving this layout of Thomas Marieke, in fact loving your work at the moment full stop - scrapping is so much easier when coming from the heart eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home