October 01, 2006

Fears, Foibles and Phobias



That's the challenge theme this month over at Scrapgal. It will be my last month as a guest designer and I must say the time has flown by! I really enjoyed being a part of this enormously talented design team. But from November 1 there will be others taking over this spot.
For the newsletter it was my turn to write an article and I went way out of my comfort zone and decided to tackle 'The Artist's Medium'. Played with melted bee's wax and wax crayons again and got messy doing gel medium transfers. Very cool effects! (even if it took a few tries to get it right)
Anyway here are my projects for the newsletter. It's the only scrapping I've done lately.

Photo printed (dark - for silhouette effect) on transparency then transfered to cardstock using gel medium.

A card, using an image from a magazine (toner copy) and transfered with gel medium.


And melted bee's wax mixed with melted wax crayons painted directly over the photograph. I then took the heat gun to it again to smooth out the wax and make the colours bleed through a bit. After it had set I scratched the title directly into the wax. The background is made up from layers of tissue that I distressed and painted over with silver paint and gesso.


7 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Kate Skwishy said...

Cool LOs babe. Glad you have enjoyed Scrapgal. Here's to a better October than September.

Kisses and hugs,

Kate

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Lara said...

these are cool Marieke!

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow they are swesome Marieke! What a fantasic job you did! I love how you get out of your comfort zone and try new things!!I need to do that more.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Marieke - your work is always awesome. And it is nice to see another height phobic person out there!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Delys said...

I love how you always do something different and stunning Marieke.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I ask Marieke, do you find that the beeswax cools too quickly? I experimented with beeswax about 1 month ago and then gave up as I found it hardened too quickly to paint with it effectively. Do you add anything to it to make it take longer to set? I NEED to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow, these are all totally amazing...one day I will get to using beeswax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home