September 21, 2006

Feeling humbled

It's about time I posted an update.
I just want to thank everyone who have left a comment on my previous post. It really means a lot that so many people are reaching out to me. Can I just say that scrappers are the most awesome people and in many cases friends that one could ask for? Seriously, I have offers of people babysitting for me if the need arises. I am floored. And you bet I'll be taking you up on those offers you local ones!

We are doing well, but I must admit that the school holidays starting tomorrow scare me a bit. I'm thinking lots of play dates and (cheap or free) outings! Please let the weather co-operate...

With all this turmoil going on I did not get to enter For Keeps Awards for Excellence. To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement. My head just wasn't in the right place to create. I did make an attempt at a last minute rush but I never really stood a chance with my painfully slow creating pace. So now I have 3 pretty cool layouts created over the past week (that's a record for me!) with no 'home'. Well of course they have a home in my album but you know what I mean. I may just have to spend all of tomorrow night pimping them everywhere to see if at least I can get one or more published anywhere.
Annabel is starting morning kindy the second week back after the holidays which means I should have some more time to actively submit my pages. I just somehow never get around to doing that. In fact I may just make that my goal until the end of the year: actively submit to publications until they get sick of seeing my name in their inbox and take pity on me and publish my general submission.

I have a layout in the latest Scrapbook Creations (#34). I was asked to contribute something for their Astrology Article by Jeni O'Connor. I haven't seen the mag yet even if Ali has already received her complimentary copy. If you see this layout you'll be able to tell that my current status as a solo mom doesn't exactly came out of the blue. I've got another one coming out in issue 38 - a scrap therapy layout that one is, created before the bubble burst so the commentary with it won't be exactly current.

Ill post my final entry for the Last Scrapper Standing in the next day or two as I never got around to posting that here. Unfortunately blogger won't let me upload it today.

6 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marieke,It's good to hear from you.I hope the school holidays go well for you.
Take care.

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yipppe an update and I am happy tohear you have been doing some scrapping. Will email ya.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Marieke, I have been checking each day to see how you are going...Good luck with the schol holidays and you will have some more time enjoying each other...

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

found your layouts on two peas.. and now I am kinda stalking you!
Sorry =)

Just wanted to say.. YOU ROCK!

TOTALLY!
=)

(and your name sounds incredibly dutch O.o)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Kate Skwishy said...

Hey chick. If you haven't already, get yourself down to WINZ and sign up for the benefit. They will also provide 9 hours per week of childcare for Annabelle (cos she is under school age). This is in addition to kindy etc. Check it out babe. At the least it will give you a bit of headspace for LO creating or thinking or whatever.

Take care and let me know if you need anything ok?

K xxx

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marieke, that is a bummer about FK as I thought you would have a good chance this year. But there is always next year. I LOVE your style. You and your family are far more important than scrapping. I hope you are ok. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home