August 29, 2006

Frustrated

with life, scrapping, and everything else. Not a happy day today, wallowing in self-pity and allowing anger and resentment towards a certain someone to get the better of me. Not a pretty picture. I feel like screaming! In fact I did, this morning, just let it fly! It felt good for a few seconds until I saw the shocked look on my son's face who happened to witness it.... ouch, I felt really small then. Had to have a little re-assuring cuddle and talk with him about how grown ups sometimes lose their cool just like the little people do. I felt aweful.

Finally figured out a topic for the last round of Last Scrapper Standing and started to play around with some pictures. Decided I didn't have a good enough picture or two and tried to get the child in question to co-operate. No luck. Very frustrated with the shutter lag on my camera. It does have some semi-manual settings but as soon as you start playing with those the delay is even worse and everything I've got is blurred. Aaargh!

Thank you to all who have left such wonderful comments these past few days. It really boosts my confidence and I need that right now. And I'm getting to know new like minded people who apparently have found my blog through somewhere. Ah, the scrapping world is so small really, especially in New Zealand. Though going by the stat counter I've got on here I get visitors from all over the world! That's pretty cool.

Oh yeah and I want to give a huge shout out to Chris Jenkins who made me a banner for my blog, two actually. Chris I don't know if you'll be reading this but once I figure out how to replace the excisting one I'll put it up. It is just awesome and I am so grateful that you did that for me.

Diner duties are calling. See ya!

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Lara said...

loving your LSS work!

With you on the shutter lag - doesn't work with kids much.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Marieke!!! Sometimes we need to have a vent to move on.
Can't wait to see what you come up with for the LSS. Cyber hugs gurl.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Roo said...

Hey we all need to let off steam AND our kids need to know that we are human too. Hope things are going better for you, hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home